Developmental disabilities can begin at anytime during a child’s developmental period and can last throughout a person’s lifetime. As a provider of behavior analysis in Tampa Bay, we have addressed cases with various causes. Some of the common causes of developmental disabilities in children include:
- Maternal infections during pregnancy such as cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection
- Fetal alcohol syndrome
- Genetic and chromosomal conditions such as Down syndrome and fragile X syndrome
- Low birthweight, premature birth, multiple births, and infections afterbirth
- Untreated newborn jaundice
A behavior analyst, can help diagnose various developmental disabilities that result from these conditions such as:
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Cerebral palsy
- Intellectual and learning disabilities
- Vision and hearing impairments
Do you think your child or a loved one is living with a developmental disability? They may benefit from a behavior analysis in Florida. Come on over to Autism Interacts ABA.
We provide various services to help children with developmental disabilities function at home, in school, and in their community. These services include parent training, verbal behavior, and ABA therapy in New Port Richey, Florida.